15 minute butt busting workout
If you find yourself short on time each morning, especially through the winter months and you want to keep working in that fabulous behind of yours, look no further than our 15 minute “butt busting” workout.
It is quite simple 5 exercises, done for one minute each and go through that three times.
The key here is focus on the gluteus-maximus (your butt muscles) when doing each exercise
- One and a quarter rep squats. Have your feet about shoulder width apart. Keep that torso up nice and straight. Aim to track your knees over your second toe on the way down. Aim for 3 seconds down. Come back up a quarter of the way. Back down as low as you can go. Then back up to standing upright. When you hit the top, flex those glutes nice and hard.
Tip: If you are just starting out and are not very flexible. Try sitting on a chair then standing back up again until your body adapts to the movement.
- Reverse Lunges. Stand close to a chair to keep your balance if need be. Standing with your fee shoulder width apart. Take a step back with one leg and lunge down toward the ground. Make sure your back leg is parallel to the floor. Complete this for 30seconds on each leg.
- Glute Bridges. Lie on your back on your exercise mat or a towel. Feet are shoulder width apart and close to your butt. Drive through your heels and push your pelvis into the air. When you reach the top squeeze your glutes for 2 seconds then slowly lower yourself to the start position. Repeat.
Tip: If you find these easy, try doing one leg at a time with the other leg extended outwards through the whole movement.
- Donkey Kicks. Get on all fours on your exercise mat or towel. Then get down on your elbows so your glutes are raised. Life one leg and point your toes upward. Raise your foot as high as you can while keeping your glutes tense. Lower down and repeat. Do 30 seconds on each leg.
- Side Lunges. Similar to our reverse lunge, stand close to a chair or table to use to keep your balance if need be. Feet shoulder width apart. Then step out with one leg to one side and squat as low as you can go. Come back up slowly and repeat for 30 seconds on each leg.