When most people think about starting a new health regime, the words bland, untasty and boring always seem to come to mind.
It does not have to be like this. There are so many yummilicious herbs and spices that not only create a taste sensation but also have amazing health benefits.
- Chilli – contains up to seven times the vitamin C level of an orange. It aids as an immune booster by fighting sinus congestion, helps to relieve migraines as well as helping to speed up a lazy digestive system. It’s also a good source of :
- Vitamin E – it acts as an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals
- Vitamins A – is an essential nutrient for supporting your vision, skin, healthy bone growth and your immune system
- Folic acid – Folic acid helps your body produce and maintain new cells, and also helps prevent changes to DNA that may lead to cancer.
- Potassium – causes the kidneys to excrete excess sodium, lowering overall sodium levels and thereby lowering blood pressure.
- Tumeric – This beauty helps relieve pain of arthritis, injuries and dental procedures; it’s also being studied for its potential in managing heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease. Turmeric tastes great added to cauliflower and fish.
- Ginger – Is used to relieve colds and stomach troubles, ginger is rich in inflammation-fighting compounds, which help to fight some cancers and reducing arthritis pain. Great with any poultry and in a stir fry.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon was prized by King Solomon and used by the ancient Greeks and Romans to boost appetite and relieve indigestion. Add cinnamon to your sweet potato or mince.
- Saffron – Saffron has long been used in traditional Persian medicine as a mood lifter. Tastes great with rice and shellfish.