I love putting together a green juice on the weekend to kick start my day. Here is one my regular recipes that I use and all the GLOWING reasons I choose these specific ingredients.
- 2 cucumbers (peeled) Keeps you hydrated, helps flush out toxins, promotes clear/healthy skin, full of vitamins A, B, and C, and helps promote healthy hair.
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh basil Helps reduce inflammation and swelling, rich in antioxidants, and a good source of magnesium and vitamin A.
- 2 mint leaves – High in antioxidant, can help relieve seasonal allergies, promotes healthy digestion, and has a calming/cooling effect on skin.
1 grapefruit– Lots of vitamin C (great for immunity) good for maintaining low blood pressure, and helps prevent wrinkles and repair skin from pollutant damage.
- 1 cup of cold water – Keeps your body hydrated
- ¼ cup coconut water – Full of electrolytes that keep your body hydrated as well as potassium which is required for several of your bodily functions including allowing your muscles to contract.
- ¼ pineapple – they are a rich source in Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene, which helps your immune system, eyesight and protects from free radicals; Vitamins B1 and B6 which are good for energy production
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor/nutribulletand blend until completely smooth.
- Place a mesh strainer over a medium-sized bowl
- Pour the juice mixture in a glass once finished, place 3 cubes of ice in and serve immediately.