You might have heard of magnesium before. You might have even taken a magnesium supplement. But did you know that magnesium is essential for the basic cell chemistry for all living organisms?
At Glow For Life, we believe in the magic of magnesium and recommend people take good quality magnesium supplements daily and here are our top five reasons why:
1. Magnesium is now deficient in the foods we eat and the soil they are grown in. Recent studies have shown that the majority (70-80%) of people fall short of the recommended daily intake of magnesium.
2. Magnesium helps regulate hunger cravings. If you ever find yourself craving chocolate, you could be lacking in magnesium. Chocolate is rich in magnesium. So next time reach for the Magnesium instead of the Mars Bar.
3. Magnesium helps you deal with stress. When you are in stressful situations your magnesium stores deplete faster than usual. Magnesium can prevent the stress hormone entering the brain and help you feel cool, calm and collected when the going gets tough.
4. It helps you sleep better! Magnesium has a calming effect on the body’s nervous system and muscles which is linked to helping you get a much better night of sleep.
5. If you do any form of training or exercise then you need to be taking magnesium. You lose magnesium when you sweat, so a good supplement will allow you to replenish your levels. Magnesium also helps prevent the build-up of lactic acid while exercising and is necessary for protein synthesis - therefore if you lift, magnesium is a MUST! . You also lose more magnesium when you sweat. Magnesium is also necessary for protein synthesis. If you lift, you NEED Magnesium.